Phokwane Local Municipality in Hartswater, Northern Cape, invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant positions within its establishment
DEPARTMENT : Municipal Manager’s office
POSITION : Manager internal Audit
LEVEL : Manager Directly Reporting to the Municipal Manager
REFERENCE : 12/21
CENTRE : Hartswater, Northern Cape
- Annual Total Remuneration Package:
Total annual remuneration package of Basic Salary: R475 958.25 (plus benefits: pension. Medical aid scheme, housing subsidy and 13th Cheque)
- Minimum Requirements:
- Appropriate Bachelor’s Degree or NQF Level 7 qualifications in Auditing/Accounting or internal Auditing
- 4-year relevant experience in auditing environment as a senior or supervisor.
- Must be a member of Institute of Internal Auditors of South Africa (IIASA)
- Knowledge of International Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Knowledge and understanding of Audit and Risk management systems and operations thereof
- Understanding of local government environment
- Computer literate
- Ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels of government and with all relevant stakeholders.
- Valid driver’s license
- Certificate in Municipal Finance or currently enrolled towards this qualification Performance Management, Financial Management, Risk Management and Law.
- Core Competencies:
*Strategic leadership and management. *Strategic financial management. *Good governance and ethics and values. *A high level of written and verbal communication skills. *A high level of emotional intelligence. *Proven ability to communicate and negotiate in all spheres and levels of government. *Ability to meet deadlines. *Attention to detail. *Ability to work under pressure. *Proven ability to provide strategic and innovative leadership. *Strategic thinking and analysis.
- Key Performance Areas:
Act as an independent advisory committee to the Council, Political Office Bearers, Accounting, Develop and implement a risk-based audit plan, Provide administrative support to the audit and committee, Provide assurance service to the Accounting Officer and management, Ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and policies, Ensure compliance with king IV Code, Conduct performance audits in accordance with the performance management system. Perusing through contractual agreements and assesses compliance with laid down financial and procurement policies.
NB: Qualification and SA citizenship checks will be conducted on all short-listed candidates. Successful candidates will be subjected to screening and competency assessments. The successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract before commencement of duty, a performance agreement and disclosure of financial interest.
Phokwane Local Municipality is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and employment equity, especially in terms of race, gender and disability. Applicants from these designated groups are encouraged to apply, Interested persons meeting the above-mentioned requirements are requested to send a detailed CV and certified copies of qualifications (not older than three months) for the attention of the Acting Municipal Manager, Private Bag X 3, Hartswater, 8570 or hand deliver applications at Phokwane Local Municipality, 24 Hertzog Street, Hartswater, 8570 on or before 21 January 2022. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Administrative enquires should be forwarded to Acting Municipal Manager, Ms. B Mgaguli at 053 474 9700.
To download or read the entire document please click on the button below.