Phokwane Local Municipality in Hartswater, Northern Cape, invites applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the following vacant position within its establishment
DEPARTMENT : Community Services (Re-advertisement)
POSITION : Director Community Services (Permanent)
REFERENCE : 35/23
CENTRE : Hartswater, Northern Cape
- Annual Total Remuneration Package:
Total annual remuneration package of R859.002 (minimum) to R1.055.932 (maximum) A remote allowance not exceeding 4% of the total Annual remuneration package may be also be payable (Grade 2 Municipality): Negotiable
- Term of Appointment:
- Years of experience:
- Five (5) years’ experience at middle management level; and
- Have proven successful institutional transformation within public or private sector.
- Minimum Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelor Degree in social sciences / Public Administration/ Law; or equivalent.
- Registration with South African Council for Social Service Professionals (SACSSP), or similar recognised relevant professional body will be an added advantage.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Core Competencies but not limited to:
- Management skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic decision-making skills.
- Analytical skills.
- People management skills.
- Computer skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Visionary leadership.
- Knowledge but not limited to:
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant policy and legislation.
- Good knowledge and understating of institutional governance system and performance management.
- Good knowledge of local government cycle.
- Understanding of council operations and delegation of powers, as well as –
- Health Service Management
- Cemetery Management
- Public Safely and
- Parks and recreation management
- No late or faxed and / or electronic application will be considered;
- Only hard-copy application will be considered
- Candidates are required to compete the prescribed ‘’Annexure C ‘’ application form as per Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of senior Mangers Government Notice 21 in Government Gazette 17 January 2014 which is obtainable from internet at gpwonline.co.za (failure to do so will result in the candidates being will be subjected to security vetting/ screening , verification of qualifications and employment history / reference check and competency assessment and should also disclose financial interests;
- Phokwane Local Municipality reserves the right to nullify or cancel an employment contract and recover all costs incurred by the municipality including remuneration, advertisement etc. should it be discovered that the successful candidates submitted false or insufficient information which resulted to the contravention of the provision of Municipal Council Policies, Municipal System Amendment Act No 7 of 2011 or any other relevant legislation.
- Canvassing of appointments with the purpose of being appointed is not allowed and proof of such canvassing will lead to disqualification
Applications must be submitted on a completed and signed application form as per the regulations obtained from the internet at www.gpwonline.co.za, a detailed CV, Certified copies of academic qualification, Identity Document and Driver License (Certified copies must not be older than 3 Months) and should be addressed to the Acting Municipal Manager: B. Mgaguli, at Phokwane Local Municipality, Private Bag X3 Hartswater Northern Cape 8570 or hand delivered at 24 Hertzog Street (Registry Office) Phokwane Local Municipality Hartswater Northern cape.
Enquiries: Acting Municipal Manager: B. Mgaguli: email at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact number at 053 474 9700
Closing Date: 14 April 2023
If no communication has been received from the municipality within three (3) months after the closing date, please consider your application not successful. The Municipality reserves the right to fill or not fill the position.