DEPARTMENT : Corporate Services
POSITION : Director: Corporate Services
LEVEL : Manager Directly Reporting to the Municipal Manager
REFERENCE : 31/22
CENTRE : Hartswater, Northern Cape
- Annual Total Remuneration Package:
Total annual remuneration package of R859,002 (minimum) to R1,055,932 (maximum). A Remote Allowance not exceeding 4 % of the Total Annual Remuneration Package may also be payable.
- Appointment status:
- Years of experience
Five (5) years relevant experience at middle or senior management level in local government environment and middle management level performing Corporate Services functions
- Minimum Requirements / Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Public Administration/ Management Science/ Law or Human Resource Management qualification, registered on the National Qualifications Framework;
- Compliance with all the requirement as contained in the Municipal Regulations on Minimum Competency level, Gazette 46640 of 17 August 2022, i.e South African Qualifications Authority Qualification ID No 48965 for Accounting Officer of Municipalities. e.g CPMD / MFMP, etc. If a newly appointed person is not in possession of this Competency, he / she must complete it within eighteen (18) months from the date of employment, in accordance with Government Notice Number 91 of 03 February 2017, as promulgated in Government Gazette No 46640
- Have proven successful management experience in administration;
- Competencies as set out in the Local Government: Regulations on Appointment and Conditions of Employment of Senior Managers, GNR 21, GG37245 dated 17 January 2014;
- Successful complete all the Prescribed Minimum Competency Level in Unit Standards as required in Regulation 7 provided for in Government Regulation No.493, published in GG 29967 dated 15 June 2007, as amended by GN.R 1146 AS published in GG 41996 dated 26 October 2018, alternatively with Government Notice Regulation, No. 1146 of 26 October 2018, as promulgated in Government Gazette No.41996;
- Excellent facilitation and communications skills in at least two of the three official languages of the Northern Cape: • Adherence to Schedule 2 of Government Gazette 37245 dated 17 January 2014;
- Own transport Ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels of government and with all relevant stakeholders;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Core competencies
- Management skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic decision-making skills
- Analytical skills
- Visionary leadership.
- Key Performance Areas (KPAs):
Provide Strategic Corporate support services to all directorates in terms of appointment, including signing of an employment contract and performance agreement in terms of Section 57 of the Municipal Systems Act and declaration of financial interest. Coordinate and oversight function of all specialized support functions. Plan, lead, direct, develop and coordinate policies. Provide leadership in the management of audit process. Ensure legal compliance activities. Information and Communication Technology (ICT). Assess technology needs and make upgrade recommendations. Set short- and long-term IT implementation goals. Calculate the costs of current and future IT systems. Manage other IT professionals, including tech support staff, software developments, etc. Communications & Customer Relations Management. Administration Services and ensure compliance with regulations. Council and Committee administration.
Phokwane Local Municipality is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer
To download or read the entire document please click on the button below.